Jim Cocks <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 7 Apr 1995 08:41:46 EDT
>The problem user knows which lists I am subscribed to, as he is also
>subscribed to many of them as well.
>   I think that it can now be considered harrasment, as he has just posted a
>note to me threatening a lawsuit of some sort. I posted Jim Cock's comments
>about the First Amendment rights and the Net, and the net.jerk has just sent
>me a threatening note. What do I do now?

 Anita, if you do not hear of a better one, I'd suggest you ask your
 local computer help people what to do next.  I'd also suggest that
 it is nearing time that someone from Arizona State contact the
 provider or institution of the offender.  This does work.

 You should also write the listowners of the lists this is
 happening on and ask the listowners to take action.  That is a
 listowners responsibility.

  --Jim Cocks  Univ. of Louisville  <[log in to unmask]>