Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 20:09:19 -0600
At 01:22 PM 9/17/98 -0700, Stephen C. Nill wrote:
>        My forums are all "edited," in the Listserv sense (meaning I must
>approve
>postings before they are sent to the list).  I realize that under 1.8c it
>was possible to edit postings and send them on to the list as though they
>originated from the original person who posted.  However, it required an
>email client which support "resent" (or was it "redirect"?) headers.  None
>of the major email clients (Netscape, Explorer, Eudora) supports this
>requirement, I've been told.  It's just not practical to edit a posting and

I just redirected this very message to Mr. Hill with Eudora's "redirect",
which appears to do what he wants.

>then simply forward it to the list, since it then appears to be coming from
>me and not the original person who posted.  Thus, for all pratical reasons,
>Listserv 1.8c simply did not support editing of postings.

The Eudora redirect showed:

From: "Stephen C. Nill" <[log in to unmask]> (by way of Dan
Lester <[log in to unmask]>)

doesn't that do what you need?

>        The ability to use Eudora or any of the major email clients would
be of
>tremendous utility to me -- and to my co-moderators on my various lists.
>Does 1.8d provide a practical means to accomplish the editing of postings?
>Will it?

If this doesn't do it, what will?

dan

--
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716-7115 USA 208-383-0165
[log in to unmask]   http://www.84.com/  http://www.idaholibraries.org/