Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 24 Jun 1997 22:45:47 GMT
On Tue, 24 Jun 1997 18:15:58 -0400, Jackie Chu <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I was hoping someone on this list could help me.  There is an address on my
>list that will successfully accept messages from the listserv, but will
>generate an error message each time it does so.

>Date: Sat, 21 Jun 1997 05:30:58 +0100
>The message that you sent was opened by the following:
>        RENE

This is another problem with Groupwise.  When a msg is received (read) by
the recipient, GroupWise (GroupDumb is more like it) sends out a msg back
to the sender (in this case your list) saying the msg was read.  IN a
closed corporate setting this may be useful, but it is not helpful on the
internet.  The recipient needs to reconfigure their program NOT to emit
this response.  They may need help from their support group to do so.

 Ben Parker ............ (Oak Park IL) .......... [log in to unmask]