Vince Sabio <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 15 Nov 1997 17:25:28 -0500
** Sometime around 15:08 -0500 11/15/97, [log in to unmask] said:

>Some list owners have recently noticed an increased number of bounces from
>AOL members, giving an error that looks something like:
>
>>     ----- Transcript of session follows -----
>>  .... while talking to air16.mail.aol.com.:
>>  >>> RCPT To:<[log in to unmask]>
>>  <<< 550 AOLAddress is not accepting mail from this sender
>>  550 <[log in to unmask]>... User unknown

BTW, I spoke with David O'Donnell (AOL postmaster general) about the
apparent contradiction in that error message, and he said he's looking
into it. I'll post his response here and to the general list-manager
groups when he gets back to me on it -- but the bottom line is just as
Adam indicated (i.e., the member exists, but is blocking mail).

- Vince Sabio
  [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]