Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 1 Jun 1997 19:57:54 GMT
On Sun, 1 Jun 1997 13:44:09 -0500, Bill Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>At present, we do not have a moderator= line in our header.

Which is why I suggested you need to ADD this line.

Names/Address on the Editor= line control who can post when the list is
moderated, or any individual subscriber is set to REVIEW (i.e. that
subscriber is being moderated, even if the list as a whole is not.)

Thus, to approve a moderated posting, a person must be on the Editor= line,
even if you are the List Owner.  Editor= defines the power/privilege to
Post, which is why all moderators must also be Editors.

However, who gets sent the posting before approval is a 'Moderator'.  If
you do not define any Moderator=, LISTSERV defaults to ONLY the first name
listed on the Editor= line.  which is why your 2nd editor never gets
anything to moderate.  Not all editors need to be Moderators.  Frequently
the Owner is also an Editor, but may not be a moderator.

Your list need not be fully, or partially moderated in order to define the
Moderator= keyword.  You must use this word whenever you wish to distribute
the moderating task among more than 1 person.

Both Editor and Moderator keywords can have multiple addresses on 1 line,
they must be separated by a comma, with or without a space.  If you have
too many to list on one line, make another line, beginning with the same
keyword.  LISTSERV will build an additive table of all resulting addresses.

* Editor= address1, address2, address3
* Editor= address4, address5, etc.
* Moderator= address2, address4
 Ben Parker ............ (Oak Park IL) .......... [log in to unmask]