Debra Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 14 May 1999 15:26:09 +10
Can anyone help with this....

I got a message from one of my list owners that he had received an error report
as below:

The enclosed message, found in the #######-L mailbox and shown under the spool
ID #### in the system log, has been identified as a possible delivery error
notice for the following reason: "Sender:", "From:", or "Reply-To:" field
pointing to the list has been found in mail body.

The subscriber who sent in the message uses cc:Mail. cc:Mail has a tendency to
identify different replies within a message by use of a simple boundary.....

What I am wondering is why Listserv even checks the body of the message for
such content words.... or is it perhaps that there may be a problem between
Listserv and cc:Mail and interpretation of these simple boundary reply
separators. Perhaps Listserv is interpreting them as a separate message within
the body itself...

I vaguely remember that this used to be a form of annoying attack that had more
to do with SendMail..... messages within messages.....

Any help appreciated.

Debra