David Mayerlen <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 7 Jan 1998 12:57:00 -0500

> > >    I'd rather waste bandwidth than cut down more trees!
> >
> >         I'm not sure. A lot of resources go into the transporting and
> > storage of e-mail, yes it is probably preferable to use e-mail to
> > transmit something than to mail it out, but I would have to say that I
> > would much rather not waste resources, but use them wisely...
> > Regardless of what the resource is...
>
> I would like to 'Ditto' that.  View the electrons around the world as a
> non-renewable resource, and protect them. :)

 I agree, wise use of resources is the way to go. If somebody wants to
sign up for an e-flyer in html format, let them! We're not talking spam
here! People are less likely to go to a company web site to load a piece
of html that then loads a bunch of pictures containing advertisements than
they would be to decide to click on a piece of html already present in
their inbox that then goes and loads a bunch of pictures --> advertisers
are going to win the right to advertise as they always have --> how to do
this better, more wisely??? Time and market forces will tell. Down with
SPAM for sure. I'm still sitting on the fence with this one I'd have to
say but I know for sure my client is heading in this direction and I'll
have to try to convince them to do the right thing and failing that, walk
away from the project!

David Mayerlen