Sun, 20 Oct 1996 16:43:24 -0500
> Jason <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >Is there a listserv option that, instead of having the user respond
> >with a cookie, distributes an IQ test to prospective subscribers?
>
> SET listname REVIEW FOR *@*

If the idea is to halt the chatter on an undesired topic by blocking
everything on that topic so subscribers will forget about it, I think it
would be better to shift the list to full moderation for a couple of days
rather setting everyone to REVIEW.

That, of course, assumes you already have some people on REVIEW but most
are not. Unless you keep a separate list of the subscribers who are set
REVIEW and those not. all you will be able to do is a listwide NOREVIEW,
which may not be what you want, when you return to normal list operation.
If you do not have anyone on REVIEW it doesn't matter, except that, at
least for me, it is much faster to approve the items with full moderation
than the REVIEW items.

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L