"Alperin, Glenn" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 8 Oct 1997 20:47:17 -0400
Adam Bailey wrote

>On Wed, 8 Oct 1997 11:04:48 -0400, "Alperin, Glenn" <[log in to unmask]>
>wrote...
>
>>You can, of course, send a command to LISTSERV saying:
>>
>>set noreview for [log in to unmask]
>
>Actually, that should be SET listname NOREVIEW FOR address@host

DOH!!!  now you know how many times I have to resend some commands to
listserv because I leave that part out.  I think maelstrom.stjohns.edu has
an escape programmed into it so it spits out an error message instead of
going through the whole list of lists.

either that, or I just manage to use a lot of overhead on the server
(which doesn't seem to be the case according to the report listserv spits
back at me after following through on my commands).

>(This goes for other commands too.)

I know....and I am prone to forget my listname on those too...resending
commands twice is not uncommon for me because I leave out the list name
accidently...

Glenn, who now feels foolish for having offered a suggestion which was
clearly incorrect.