Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 15 Feb 1997 14:07:56 -0700
At 03:38 PM 2/15/97 -0500, you wrote:
>In Eudora, you must cut and paste the name of the recipient you want to send
>to. The * Reply to setting can be set to either LIST or SENDER, depending on
>your preference.  If you set it to LIST,RESPECT or SENDER,RESPECT, the list
>will honor the replier's wishes, regardless of the header's default setting.

As has been shown by this discussion, there are NO GUARANTEES, no matter
HOW the list is set, that will work in ALL situations, with ALL mail
software, in ALL possible configuratins.

Therefore, one of the FIRST things I teach listmembers, and one I remind
them of frequently, is to ALWAYS look at the TO line before you push the
send button or key.  They can seem to do this with snailmail, and rarely if
ever send the check for AmEx to Visa or the phone company.  But somehow
their brains turn off, they think the computer "will take care of them" or
maybe "read their minds".

cyclops

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind the one-eyed man is king.