Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 19:18:55 -0400
On: Sat, Sep 14, 2002 at 03:35:09PM -0500,Winship Wrote:

} The host site for most of my lists, Buffalo, is installing 1.8e (from
} 1.8d with all interim upgrades since initial 1.8d) and I haven't found
} the answers yet to some questions.
}
} I have customized a number of mailtpls and simply turned some off.
} Will those still work, or will I have to do them over again?
}
} What about the filelist?  I use the filelist extensively for one list.
} Any change in the procedure there?  I am, of course, talking about doing
} all changes by email.

I suspect that will be somewhat dependant on the skills of your
listmaster(s).  With my lists on apple.ease.lsoft.com, I made no changes
to my mailtpls and filelists.

You will find 2 changes that I (and other apple listowners) find
somewhat annoying.  We REALLY would like to see Lsoft either put these
back to the 1.8d behavior or give us a header switch to control the old
vs new behavior.  These are:

1) The bottom banner is now included in every post in the digest, not
just once.

2) Approvals for those on REVIEW now come in as mime messages,  and to
us are harder to read.

There is one new thing that is handy especially for lists with multiple
moderators and that use the Moderators= all, . . . option.  You can now
send back "OK CANCEL XXXXXXXX" which will immediately dump the message
so that another moderator can't approve it.  Also saves spool space on
the server if you dump spam with large attachments quickly.

--
Rich Greenberg   Work:  Rich.Greenberg atsign worldspan.com   +1 770-563-6656
N6LRT   Marietta, GA, USA   Play: richgr atsign panix.com     +1 770-321-6507