"P. Divirgilio" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 22 Jun 1994 22:20:42 -0400

> On Wed, 22 Jun 1994 10:18:00 EDT George Buckner said:
> >Hi folks:
> >
> >I am getting the following message frequently from UCDAVIS.  Problem
> >is, there are no such users (bullwinkle or hamlet) on my list (I've
> >already checked the concealed users), though we do have other
> >subscribers from UCDAVIS.  Any suggestions on how to trace this, or
> >whom to contact at UCDAVIS would be appreciated.  Thanks.
> >
> >George Buckner, co-owner, [log in to unmask]
>
> It is possible that the mail to a subscribed account is being forwarded
> to a (now) nonexistent account.  You can either contact the local
> system people for help, or you could send mail to each of the potential
> suspect addresses, and see if any of them produce an error.
>
> jr
> (john riehl)

  I had bullwinkle as a reference which was not on my list. I think
  that it is a postmaster or maybe an automated node. I remember that
  I had bounces and strange errors from bullwinkle. Eventually, I
  looked on my list at who was at the specific site at UCDavis and I
  deleted that participant and sure enough, the bullwinkle mail
  disappeared with it. I don't know whether that will help in your
  case.
                        Best regards,

                        Paul.

--

Dr. Paul S. di Virgilio,  University of Toronto  [log in to unmask]