Judith Hopkins <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 20 Mar 1997 10:02:16 -0500
Barry
    An individual subscriber who wishes to set his or her personal
distribution option to receive individual mail messages sends the
following message: SET <listname> MAIL
to the appropriate LISTSERV address.

   The MAIL/NOMAIL option controls whether or not mail messages
should be delivered to the subscriber and, implicitly, lacking
any setting of DIGEST or INDEX, it controls the format in which
the messages will be delivered.  If the subscription is set to
DIGEST (or INDEX) as well as to MAIL, the MAIL option controls
only whether or not mail should be delivered and the delivery
format is determined by the DIGEST (or INDEX) option.  Cf.
Section 5.3.2 of the version 1.8c manual.

Judith Hopkins, Listowner of Autocat