Bob Kosovsky <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 16 Aug 1995 23:45:46 EST
Many apologies for my sending off my posting without appending the message
I received from InfoSeek.  Here is that message.

Bob Kosovsky
Student, PhD Program in Music                   Librarian
Graduate Center                                 Music Division
City University of New York                     The New York Public Library
[log in to unmask]                        [log in to unmask]
                 Listowner, [log in to unmask]
                 Administrivia to:  [log in to unmask]
- -------My opinions do not necessarily represent those of my institutions-------
================ TEXT OF MESSAGE FROM INFOSEEK =========================
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 1995 14:49:36 -0700
From: Peter Chowla <[log in to unmask]>

Dear list-owner,

InfoSeek Corporation provides comprehensive databases of searchable
Internet information to Web users.  Our Net Search service is by far
the most popular way to search the Web today and handles over 1 million
searches a day!  Our full-text searchable database of over a month of
over 13,000 publically available Usenet newsgroups is the best way to
find any posting quickly and easily.

We are currently extending our Internet content offerings to cover the
best mailing lists on the Internet and want to include the information
from your mailing list in our searchable database.

If you agree to let us use your list as content we will subscribe with
a mail alias of [log in to unmask] and begin indexing the
postings.  We would also like to ftp the list archives and index them
for our database.

In exchange, we will make the contents of your mailing list searchable
and accesible without charge to you and your subsribers with our easy
to use search software.  Please let us know if you agree to having your
mailing list included in our service and we'll get to work immediately
to start adding it to our database.

If you would like to check out InfoSeek, look at our home page at:

http://www.infoseek.com

You can also sign up for a free trial account which will give you
access to our extensive collections of both commercial and Internet
information.  You can also try our free Net Search service at:

http://www2.infoseek.com

Thank you and we look forward to your response.

Peter Chowla
InfoSeek Corporation