Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 10:38:42 -0400
On 8 Apr 99, at 0:04, Stan Ryckman wrote:

> >The probes do look to the user exactly like a regular list posting.
>
> Well, not quite... the first time I received one, it sneaked right
> past my procmail filters which sort mailing lists into folders, etc.

I suppose I ought to have been more precise: the RFC822 mail headers
look exactly the same, and most standards compliant mail programs
(which excludes CC:mail) will show the mail like any other list mail.

I'm curious what field you are filtering on. The ONLY difference is the
RFC 821 (SMTP) MAIL FROM: (Which some mail servers will turn into
a Return Path: mail header, so that's a slight difference, but that is
usually hidden from the reader). Is that what you're filtering on?

Francoise