Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 11 Oct 2004 16:40:01 +0200
I'm answering unrelated questions from different posters in one message to reduce traffic.

> Are you talking about using the Oracle SMTP service that is part of Collaboration Suite?

No, I was talking about the database server. But LISTSERV will support any compliant SMTP server for outgoing mail.

> I wonder if it means that version 9.2 of Oracle is supported as well ?

We have not tried 9.2 specifically. The trick with Oracle is to make sure that the version of Net8, hmm, I think they call it Instant Client nowadays, anyway, make sure the version of the client libraries on the LISTSERV host are compatible with the version of the database server. And my personal experience with Oracle has been that you can mix just about any versions of the client library and server (>= 8.0 because that is the minimum LISTSERV will support), and it will work. Of course, your mileage may vary.

  Eric