Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 10:19:35 PST
On Dec 28,  3:00am, Mikkel Scharff wrote:
} Subject: Changing one's own e-mail address in header?
} As a list owner (ICOM-CC) I need to change my own e-mail address in the
} header before January 1, 1999, when my e-mail/internet provider has
} announced a slight change in the domain-name to take effect.
}
} Is there a recommmended procedure and/or order of steps that I should
} follow?

What I would suggest is:
 1) Add the new address as an owner.
 2) Send a change listname oldaddress newaddress to listserv
    (at a time when both are valid)
 3) Remove the old address as an owner (after the change takes effect).

Step 2 will send a confirm msg to both addresses, and both must reply
"OK" for it to take effect.  If there will be no overlap,  unsub the old
address before and sub the new address after.  In this case you will
probably have to establist a listserv password again.

--
Rich Greenberg    Work:  PM0RMG atsign WSPVM1.worldspan.com   +1 770-563-6656
N6LRT   Marietta, GA, USA   Play: richgr atsign netcom.com    +1 770-321-6507