Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 20 May 1998 00:05:03 -0600
On Wed, 20 May 1998 00:17:45 -0500, Winship <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>In my two years of being set nomail on lstown-l I have obviously missed
>a lot.  What are "listserv points?"  Is this some scheme for people
>buying service from LSOFT?

License points for LISTSERV's Graduated License plan.  Enables customers to
license the capacity they need in the most flexible and cost effective manner.
Not every site can afford an unlimited HPO license, and not every site needs
same for their workload.

>I suspect it may be, especially as the
>person posted through peach.ease  (I always use searn, long standing
>habit and most reliable).

LSTOWN-L is peered at SEARN and PEACH.  The WWW searchable archives are only on
PEACH.  You only need to subscribe at one site, and post/read there.
Reliability is equivalent and varies from moment to moment like everything else
on the net.