Roger Fajman <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 17 Jun 1997 18:23:41 EDT
> I miss the old STATS command which is not now available on the St
> Johns University 1.8c system.
>
> When might something like this be available again?  Among other
> things, I used it to show activity to scoffers.

We wrote a Perl program to scan Unix LISTSERV logs and produce
statistics.  It's available via anonymous FTP from ftp.cu.nih.gov. The
file names are

   LSVSTATS.ZIP (PKZIPped)
   LSVSTATS.UUE (uuencoded)

Use a regular FTP client, not a web browser, as this FTP server does
not support the passive mode used by browsers.  Also, use a short
password, such as GUEST.  Remember to transfer the ZIP file in binary
mode.

This is the same program I mentioned a while back.  If you modify it,
please send the changes back to us.

Roger Fajman                                   Telephone:  +1 301 402 4265
National Institutes of Health                  BITNET:     RAF@NIHCU
Bethesda, Maryland, USA                        Internet:   [log in to unmask]
Postmaster: CU.NIH.GOV, LIST.NIH.GOV, MAILFWD.NIH.GOV, PACKET.NET.NIH.GOV