Fri, 25 Sep 1998 01:58:03 +0200
> Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 19:15:44 -0400
> From: George Buckner <[log in to unmask]>
>
> Thanks for the reminder, but that isn't the case here.  None of my
> lists use TOPICS.  What I had noted specifically is that some of my
> subscribers had complained that REPRO doesn't seem to be working.
> When Ben offered to look into my "From" problem, I subscribed him to
> one of my lists and set him to repro.  He reported not receiving any
> copies.  He then subscribed me to his list with options set to repro,
> and I had the same problem.
>
> Any suggestions from LSoft?

A question, do those subscribers who do not receive repro of their
postings, have this working for them on other lists?

This is a guess, but it might be that an ISP in order to prevent loops,
rejects messages from the outside of a subnet, that have a message-id that
suggests that the message was generated from within the subnet.

Such a filter may help in preventing loops, but may cause a lot of other
problems: for example if you have an account in such a subnet, and have a
forwarding address outside the subnet, you cannot check if it works.

These users may do the last thing in order to check.

Uzi