Helge Niska <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 5 Nov 1997 15:58:13 +0100
Dear fellow listowners,
My list has over 1200 registered subscribers, but a recent query showed
that there are over 600 addresses set to nomail. While a fair proportion
of those are "legitimately" absent on jobs, congresses or a
well-deserved holiday, I have a feeling many are not active anymore. I
have studied the Listowners' Manual and found two or three possibilities
to get rid of the surplus: renew 'confirm', renew 'probe' or a
combination.
Questions: What is the difference, as regards cleaning up the list, between
confirm and probe--other that that the latter is automatic?
Are there any practical considerations to make before implementing Renewal?

Helge Niska
Lantra-l