Thu, 27 Mar 1997 02:39:52 -0500
I'm running Listserv and LSMTP on an NT 4.0 box with IIS, and I've
enabled the web interface for my list. I gotta admit, this is pretty
slick stuff here and for what its supposed to do, it works like a charm.

So I'm preparing for a second list, and I went through the listmast.memo
to see how to handle multiple lists with the www interface. I ran into a
couple of things which confused the heck out of me.

1. I can put www_header/trailer/index stuff into three separate files.
Default.mailtpl, www_archive.mailtpl, and listname.mailtpl. I'm assuming
it makes the most sense to put site stuff in www_archive, list stuff in
listname, and take all the web stuff out of default??

2. Can someone give me a "real" explanation of what .DD &DD does? The
manual simply says that a .DD must be followed by a .DDname, but I can't
find anything more about what it actually is for.

3. Here's the biggy...;-];

My first list is a public list but the second is intended to be private.
I realize that Listserv has no way to enforce logins for the web
interface, but IIS can do that if I set the file permissions up
correctly (allowing Listserv to get there to write to the archive
directory of course). Now each list has its own directory as a sub of
/archives so I can easily have different permissions making the private
list not accessible without a userID/password. The list will be set to
*Confidential=Yes with the *Notebook=...,public

The question is this. I really don't want my site page to show the
second list as an available list through the web interface. I would
rather have a second index.html created in a different virtual root (or
different web server for that matter) such that there would be one
index.html for each list. That way I could prevent my public list
subscribers from getting all interested in what this other list is that
they won't be able to see or access.

The issue seems to be that I can't set up additional variables to define
list specific www_archive_url values so that the automatically created
index.html will get created in two locations.

Any suggestions??

Cheers,
Russ
R.C. Consulting, Inc. - NT/Internet Security

NTBugTraq mailing list:
Send SUBSCRIBE NTBUGTRAQ Yourname to [log in to unmask]