Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 11:20:41 -0400
On Sat, 20 Apr 2002, Wheeler, Doug (NTC) wrote:

> Douglas, You've got a good point as usual. Myself, I am in the middle
> of a web migration (WIN NT IIS4 to Win2000 IIS5) and Classically it
> has failed. Please, no comments on Windows - we run that & HPUX here.
> My only problem with HPUX is that I have to retrain myself whenever I
> have to work on it cause it doesn't break! Having said that, I went
> home and had a good dark beer (the local brews being gone, I had a
> Leinenkugel Creamy Dark) and the perspective cleared as the head
> clouded. So... Yeah, I figured that your concern was with the
> terminology. But... the question remains for my clients :
>
> Can the search function be set to search attachments ?

I don't see attachments that are in a proprietary format such as Microsoft
Word could be searchable via Listserv. If you need your list's content to
be searchable, then send each posting as a standard email message with the
Word file as an attachment. That should work, but of course, it adds to
the storage overhead on your Listserv. Alternatively, just post documents
in standard tex format alone and forget about MS Word.