Francis de Ruijte <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 28 Mar 1997 23:52:55 -0500
At 08:32 AM 3/27/97 +0000, Sue Anne Reed wrote:
>Greetings.
>
>I have a list member, who is also a local friend of mine, who is
>insisting that her e-mail address is
>
>val [log in to unmask] (note the space between val and dell)
>
>How do I subscribe this person to the list?

-------------------------

Sorry, I am so late.  I am catching up.
I am not a technical person and am unfamiliar with OAL.  In fact, I more
often ask a question than propose a solution (besides reading all the rest).

I have read the replies by Pete Weiss, Lawrence B. York, Nathan Brindle, and
Lefty and highly respect their skills  as well as those of others.

But I'll dare a suggestion and a question to be confirmed (as solution).

1. Suggestion:
If Val Dell is right in insisting that her name does have a spece you can
simply mark her name with your cursor and copy it on the clip baord, and
from the clipboard into your ADD command (or something similar).

2. Question (rather than solution):
Try "Ann", ALT-32 on number pad (for blank space), "Dell".

Could you technical people please comment whether this may work or not.
Thank you.

Just trying to be helpful.  (Hope I don't mess it up even more.)

Francis