"David W. Baker" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 16 Mar 1995 21:53:01 GMT
   If you didn't see my message before on this forum, I've been working on
writing a WWW interface to Listserv commands. Basically, it just prompts a
user for information and then sends it on its way to Listserv. One of my
main reasons for developing something like this is to encourage the
members of my list, Games-L, to use Listserv's functionality.
   For lists entered into the Gateway's database, users can do the following:

Information About the Mailing Lists
Subscription Options:
       Subscribe to Mailing List
       Unsubscribe from Mailing List
       Set Subscription Options
       Query Subscription Options
       Confirm Subscription
Search Mailing List's Database & Get Files:
       Search the Mailing List's Database
       Get the Mailing List's File Index
       Get File From LISTSERV(TM)
       Review the Mailing List's Distribution List
       Order LISTSERV(TM) Info Documents
Get a List of Mailing Lists

   The Gateway is a Perl program, and now is available from <URL:http://www.
netspace.org/cgi-bin/lstsrv-gw>.
   I've tested it and tinkered with the interface enough to accept
additions to the NetSpace Gateway database. Check out the above URL and
see if you'd like to make something like this available to your users from
NetSpace. However, after further testing and modification, I plan on
distributing the Perl code. Thus, in the near future, you could instead
install the script on your own WWW server and run it from there, rather
than from NetSpace.
   If you'd like to have your list added to the database, the script makes
a form available with the necessary information: <URL:http://www.netspace.
org/cgi-bin/lstsrv-gw/form/add.html>. Please note, however, it may take me
a few days to honor any requests.
   Any comments, questions, concerns, and criticisms are most welcome.

Take care,

David

David W. Baker | [log in to unmask] | <URL:http://www.netspace.org/users/dwb/>