Fri, 26 Jan 2001 23:31:24 -0600
On Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 03:31:05PM -0700, Ben Parker wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Jan 2001 15:33:47 -0600, Steve Price <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Ahh, yes.  Well I would suggest that it is PostFix (which is handling the
> outgoing mail for the LISTSERV server) which is broken here.  It should not be
> looking at any RFC822 headers at all to determine where to report errors.
> RFC821 provides very good instructions on what to do and as an MTA that is all
> that PostFix should be doing.

Broken or just improperly configured to start with.  As I said
early on I only inherited the admin duties for this box in just
the last couple of days, but I know now I need to make Postfix
ignore the Errors-To header.  In fact I've already made the
necessary changes to Postfix running on the shiny new FreeBSD
box that will be this Listserv's new home.  Now I just need to
find the time to actually move it over.

Thanks for everyone's help.

-steve