Dennis Budd <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 12:15:01 -0600
On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Dennis wrote:

>I've a trvial but nonetheless puzzled question. Why do I regularly
>get two acknowledgements of questions posted which disagree about how
>many members there are on this list?

Because this list is "peered" on two different servers.  Each count is
on the number of subscribers who were delivered the message by that
server.  If you want to know how many persons received your message,
add the two numbers together.

Also, note that the counts are of those persons who received your
message, not of the number of members on the list (in this case the
number of members subscribed through that server).  Those counts do
not include members set to INDEX or NOMAIL.

Dennis