"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 8 May 1996 08:29:00 EDT
>1.  I want to add list topics to one of my lists.  When I add these
>    topics will all subscribers automatically be subscribed to them
>    all, or will I have to send a wild card addition out?  Or should
>    I set all topics as default?

I recommend that you explicitly QUIET SET all subscribers to ALL
topics when you set this up, UNLESS you are changing the current
focus of the list.  Provide users (both current and new) with a
tutorial on how to change their TOPICS as well as how to post
topical Subject:s.

Your explicit SET will remove any confusion or doubt later on
even if you think that implicit (default) works the way you think
you want.

Remember when adding or removing TOPICS that there are certain
"rules." See both the Owner's manual as well as previous discussion
herein (S 'TOPICS=' IN LSTOWN-L WHERE SENDER CONTAINS ERIC)

--  co-owner:   INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
URL:mailto:[log in to unmask]                       "BEEP if you luv LDBASE"