Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 21:54:30 -0600
On Wed, 22 Sep 1999 17:59:00 -0400, "Busdiecker, Linda E."
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>We could have lots of people pose as someone else, but I thought it made
>more sense to have the software that we've just bought ensure consistency if
>possible ...

One of the internet mail standards (RFC822) requires that the From: address
shall be the original author of the message.  LISTSERV provides no means to
alter or change this particular header because it is not allowed to.

Please see the LISTSERV Support FAQ http://www.lsoft.com/lsv-faq.html#5.14

If many people are sending the announcements, they probably should come to one
person who can then 'funnel' them into LISTSERV, using an appropriate 'generic'
address mail account.