Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 07:40:09 -0500
>On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, Louise Lawrence wrote:
>>  If anyone is aware of a way in which a list owner can place a member on
>>  review without the members knowledge (member receiving notification that
>>  their message has been sent to the moderator when they attempt to post),
>>  I would very much appreciate the information.
>>

>Quite simple:
>
>quiet set listname review for [log in to unmask]
>
>Douglas

Although the first time they send a message they'll get a message
saying their message has been submitted to the listowner for approval.

This message can be turned off as well; it's contained in the
POST_EDITOR mail template.  However I think you just have to accept
that if the subscriber has half a brain they will eventually figure
out that some of their messages are not coming through; generally I'd
recommend being up-front about this kind of thing, since the problem
subscriber will probably be even more bent out of shape about the
whole thing if you're secretive about it than if you haven't.

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before at some length; you
may wish to search the archives at
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?A0=lstown-l to see what
people have previously said about this issue.

Thanks,
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support
L-Soft international, Inc