Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 08:50:17 -0500
|> Editting the subscriber list via a text editor is fraught with error
|> possibilities.
|
|I don't think this is what is being suggested.
|
|I think the idea of putting a new list header back is a somewhat perverse
|but totally workable way of deleting the entire subscriber list.  It would
|be exactly like deleting the list file in Majordomo - you can do it, but
|it isn't really 'done'.

I don't know about the equivalence thing with MAJORDOMO.

I've never used a non-VM/CMS mail system to EDIT a list-header.  As a
matter of fact, I continue to be amazed at how Eudora does things (to my
message) esp. with word wrapping, hard returns, HTMLized text, signatures,
etc.

I've been using the WEB int.f for list-header maintenance for one of the
lists that I operate.

/Pete