Margaret King <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 13:01:51 -0500
"J. R. Lankford" wrote:

> Dear Folks -
>
>         All sorts of email glitches seem to be occurring to me and my
> list members in both list and private email.  Everything from long
> delays on delivery of mail to deferred connection errors to
> mysterious duplicates to bounces from addresses never heard of and
> mail totally undelivered.
>         Are one or two big nodes having a sick headache or something?

If the "bounces from addresses never heard of" are in private mail,
and say something like "the file is the original mail", they could be
coming from the Klez virus.  Not on the computer of the person
getting the bounces, nor on the "address never heard of", but on a
computer that has both of them in its address book.

Margaret King
Michigan State University