Chris Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 09:35:59 -0800
I have to say that I agree with the original poster.  The technology is
there, and I for one make use of it.  The whole point is to communicate more
clearly and effectively.  If I can make my point more clearly with a graph,
I use it.  If I can make my point more effectively with big pink letters
that are italicized, I use them.

This isn't pandering to the MTV generation ... we were using graphs and
fonts long before TV was ever invented.  It's just using the most effective
means to communicate.

Bandwidth will become cheaper.  Disk space/CPU/memory already is cheaper.
Why limit yourself to technology that was designed to work around the
limitations of a teletype machine?

However, I am also bucking the majority, so feel to flame away :-)

--
Chris Anderson
Director, Technical Support