Tom Trimble <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 10:09:39 -0700
Hi,

         Our list requires members to use their "real name" as part of
professional communications and to discourage flaming etc.  We use:
Subscription= owner,confirm
Review= Owner
Notify= yes

         However, some members:
    *  have, I guess, subsequently registered an "anonymous" or variant,
including,  . . .  you guessed it: "real name",
    * or their mail client uses a variant name in the "From:" line; or last
name first; or drops initials after the name; etc., thus effectively
concealing their name (although, often willing to disclose that and more
within a post).
         Is there a way to have the server "correct" the name to the
registered name? It's not just "control" (noms de plume are permitted with
reason such as stalkers or boss is also on the list . . . ); we do have
generally fewer problems because of this.

                 Sincerely,

                         Tom Trimble