"Natalie Maynor" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 11 Feb 1993 15:12:28 CST
One of the subscribers on WORDS-L is claiming that suddenly a couple of
days ago the REPLY-TO line in his list mail changed from [log in to unmask]
uga.edu to [log in to unmask] and that now when he uses the 'reply'
command to list mail his postings seem to vanish.  This makes no sense
whatsoever to me -- either why his REPLY-TO line has suddenly changed
or why his subsequent replies have vanished.  The REPLY-TO line in my
list mail hasn't changed.  I started to send a note to the LISTSERV manager
at UGA to inquire about it but then decided that the mystery might be of
interest to others of you.  I keep thinking that the answer is probably
something very obvious that my fuzzy brain has missed and that I'll be
embarrassed when I see the explanation.

The list REPLY-TO is set as 'List,Respect', and 'repro' is set on as
default.

Here's his latest description of the problem.  I'll leave the headers
on it to show you what list mail looks like when I receive it.

> Date:         Thu, 11 Feb 1993 14:04:00 EST
> Sender: English Language Discussion Group <[log in to unmask]>
> From: gilbertsmith <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject:      Getting Ridiculous
> Comments: To: English Language Discussion Group <[log in to unmask]>
> To: Natalie Maynor <[log in to unmask]>
>
> This is getting ridiculous.  Every message has a uga.bitnet
> reply line, and when I reply, it never shows up.  I checked my
> old messages and, until Feb 9, they all had uga.cc.uga.edu reply
> lines.  What has happened?  And, when I send a message to
> uga.bitnet, I get a message flashed across my screen that it
> has been posted, but I never see it.  SO, did anyone get *two*
> messages from me inresponse to -abh's Wal-Mart experience?  If
> so, then everyone is seeing these bitnet messages, but I'm not.
> Somebody please change the REPLY line back to .edu.  Please!
> --ggs

   --Natalie ([log in to unmask])