Brad Samek <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 18 Aug 1997 09:29:33 -0500
Hi Gang,

I have been informed by a couple of members of my list (ADND-L) that the
format of the Digests are different than they once were.  Previously,
people would receive one huge text mail message which was a compilation
of all of the posts sent during the digest period, delineated by lines
of '='s.  Now, however, these people receive mail in the form of one
message indexing the digest with various attachments (one per message).
So, my question is this definable by either the list owner or the
individual list members?  If so, how?

On the other matter, I implemented the topics keyword functionality on
ADND-L and ran into various problems, which the members of LSTOWN-L were
VERY helpful in correcting.  However, I have found yet another new
wrinkle in the works.  One list member has the interesting problem in
that his server converts colons to dashes.  As such, LISTSERV doesn't
recognize them as valid keywords.  I've been informed that this
individuals local server pathname conventions impose this change, but I
thought I'd see if anyone out there is aware of a workaround.

Thanks.  Here's the header information for ADND-L:

*  Review= Private   Subscription= Open,Confirm Send= Private
*  Notify= No                      Confirm-Delay= 72
*  Reply-to= Sender,Respect   Files= No
*  Daily-Threshold= 100,8
*  Renewal= Monthly,Delay(7),Probe
*  Validate= No
*  Confidential= No  X-Tags= No      Stats= Normal,Owner
*  Ack= YES   Language= English
*  Mail-Via= Distribute
*  Notebook= Yes,C:\LISTSERV\ARCHIVES\ADND-L,Weekly,Public
*  Errors-To= Owner,Postmasters
*  Auto-Delete= Yes,Full-Auto,Delay(3),Max(4)
*  Digest= Yes,Same,Daily,Size(1000)
*  Default-Options= Mail,SubjectHDR,REPRO
*  Topics=RULES,FLUFF,PERS,MISC,ADMIN,ROLE,CUSTOM
*  Default-Topics=RULES,FLUFF,PERS,MISC,ADMIN,ROLE,CUSTOM

Brad Samek