Thu, 7 Dec 2006 14:44:12 -0600
Ronnie Streff wrote:
> My members are technically illiterate and they may be able to write but
> they can not read instructions. I currently subscribe them from my
> database software and control their subscriptions to 6 different lists.

Since when have list subscribers read the simple instructions, in email
or on websites?

Since you want to bybass the login I assume your archives are private.
You could make them public so there would be no need to log in, and no
password requirement (or they could search via email, which requires no
password from a subscribed address, if they could read instructions that
is.)

I don't know if you can bypass the requirement for private lists that
there must be
1. a subscription to the list for the address
2. a password registered with the host site for that address

Any reason not to save yourself a lot of trouble and just make your
archives public, so the subscribers won't have to actually read
instructions?

Douglas Winship  [log in to unmask]