Adam Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 23:06:50 -0500
On 8/19/00 10:26 PM, Brian Crawford <[log in to unmask]> wrote...

>I've searched the documentation and the list archives on this and
>have come up short. Hope I haven't missed this somewhere...
>
>Where do "vacation" messages go?

Depends on their particular system.

>Does a subscriber whose email client continually sends "vacation"
>messages to the list get served off after x number of messages?

If they all look the same and are going to the list address they'll be
rejected as duplicates.

>Why do "vacation" messages from GroupWise users always end up as
>error reports and I never see them coming from subscribers using
>other clients (I think).

GroupWise is sending it to the envelope sender (Return-Path), which is
where errors normally go. This is better than sending them to the list, I
guess.

>Any way I can deal with these GroupWise folks so I don't get these
>error reports all night and all day?

Put them on NOMAIL.

--
Adam Bailey    | Chicago, Illinois