Jeff Boomer Bakalchuck <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 10 May 1996 19:05:00 EST
Date:    Fri, 10 May 1996 13:55:00 -0700
From:    Lefty <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Phantom Subscriber?

>I have been getting persistent error messages from America Online,
>to the effect that "[log in to unmask]" is an unknown user.  However,
>there is no
>such user listed as a subscriber on the list in question.  If I try to
>delete the specified ID, LISTSERV tells me that there is no
>subscriber with
>that address on the list; similarly a query for *@aol.com shows no
>such subscriber.

You may have a user subscribed to an account that automatically
redirects email to that aol account.  Look in your review list for
a similiar name or user name.  We had that happen to TeamOS2-L
a few months ago, kept getting [log in to unmask] unkown user.
It turned out that subscribed under a different address and that
address redirected mail to aol.

Jeff

Jeff Bakalchuck
Boomer Associates Intl