"-s93000001-m.erskinerichmond-ccsd-200-" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 4 May 1994 15:35:52 EST
>> I wonder if those on this list would like to consider the obvious merits
>> of placing their list-names on the REV LSTOWN-L info at [log in to unmask]
>> SUNET.SE, as it makes it a lot easier to know which Listowners are
>> 'present'.

>You are asking 386 subscribers of LSTOWN-L to alter their subscription
>identification for a purpose that's not clear.  In many cases, this
>actually won't be practical since some people own multiple lists.  (I own
>or co-own 8 lists and that info won't fit cleanly within my subscr. info.
>I don't even like sticking all that in my message signatures.)  It may be
>better for people to include list-owner info in their sigs when they post
>here, if it occurs to them.

It takes only a minute to write to [log in to unmask] to update
the subscription we each hold.  While it is true that many of us have
a number of lists .... and of course they don't 'fit' on the space, it's
at least a start towards clarity.  Some never write, so the sub gives
at least some idea.

But you're right, that perhaps we could also list some of our lists
when we DO write.

Best wishes,
Mel
Co-owner: AFRICA-L,CELTIC-L,MARINE-L,PACIFIC,21ST-C-L,etc.