Liz Marr <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 11:37:09 -0700
Some time ago, I read about a Listserv feature (could be 1.8d) that allows a
person to sub or unsub to a list by simply sending a message to a hashed
address that includes the listname - something like:

The server then taks the user information from the message headers and
ignores any other information in the message.  Try as I like, I cannot figure
out the syntax for this special list "address."  Also, just how many
specialized addresses are there with Listserv software?  I know about and
use on a regular basis listname-request@, owner-listname@, and simply
listname@  - what others are there besides these and the above "sub" or
"unsub" addresses?

Liz Marr

--
^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^
   SAR-Dogs Discussion List