Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 27 Aug 1997 16:25:41 EDT
On Wed, 27 Aug 1997 15:52:16 -0400 Mike Holloway said:
>I've been getting this same report, and having to add the subscribers back
>to the list, periodically for a number of weeks now, all the auto-deletes
>from CUNY.EDU.

CUNY.EDU can't delete people from your list, but certainly if your list is
set auto-delete, then the error you are receiving will twiddle your error
counters which may trigger your LISTSERV to auto-delete.

>Apparently, they're set to auto-delete upon receiving this error message from
>Earthlink.com, copied below.

No, the decision to delete depends on your lists' configurations.  The
Auto-delete keyword (or its default value if you have none) controls this.

>Am I wrong to think this is an obvious misconfiguration at CUNY?

CUNY's just a hop along the way -- probably your mail is being routed through
CUNY since WUVMD is a BITNet node and we sorta play bitnet <--> internet
gateway sometimes... thus your LISTSERV is deciding to route some of your
mail via BITNet to us, then out to the internet from here.

The "relaying denied" errors are getting pretty common unfortunately... yeah
rather annoying.

Bill