Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 15 Jul 1992 16:12:12 +0200
On Tue, 14 Jul 1992 14:45:06 MST Madge McBurney <ISPMOM@ASUACAD> said:

>Question:  If he's  posting from  Netnews, will  listserv recognize  the
>individual's id?  I would think a  SERVE OFF command would  restrict all
>mail from that source i.e. Netnews.

It depends. If the  message comes from the user, it  would work, but then
he  would  just get  his  newsreader  to  use  another address,  or  post
directly, or whatever. If the message comes from the NETNEWS gateway, all
you can do is cut off all  messages from usenet, which I assume you don't
want to do.

>It sounds  like I  have a  few options here  besides moderating  my list
>(350+ members-no time).

You have no option  but to moderate the list, make  it private or contact
the postmaster at his site. If you make the list private and the messages
from usenet come from the gateway's address, you are still stuck.

  Eric