"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 8 Feb 1996 13:58:00 EST
>>The rest of us disadvantaged folk greatly appreciate
>>instructions/suggestions on how to obtain use of these tools, and the
>>posting of search results from people with access.

>Not to mention instructions on how to use the tools we DO have.

For the most part, using the tools is easy.  UNDERSTANDING when,
where, and what the results mean is the VERY hard part.

It's been OJT (on the job training) for me and it has paid
benefits for the users to whom I am responsible.

Fortunately I've had some help along the way via real people at
PSU, LSTOWN-L, and particular subscribers (hi Melvin).

You have to ask yourself "how is e-mail generated and then
delivered: what are the processes involved; how can/do they go
'wrong'?" What are the diagostic tools that can help me debug
"bounced" mail? where can I read more about those tools?

The apex of this knowledge tree is LISTSERV Database Search: by
searching the LSTOWN-L archives via that tool, you can find references
to tutorial, FAQs, discussion, and practical examples.

--  co-owner:   INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
URL:mailto:[log in to unmask] "Morning After on the Internet: net-censorship"