Show Text Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
Sharon Weston <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 10:29:45 -0700
text/plain (15 lines)
Hello L-Soft

I am a new list owner whose list is maintained by and at a separate Washington State agency, i.e., we buy the server capacity etc. from that agency.   

I am structuring my list now and what I need is to be able to combine three types of information about each addressee:  where she is (one of six regions), her level of status in the organization (four possibilities), and which topics of interest she selects (up to twleve).
So I might want to message all first line supervisors in region 2 who are interested in policy on child care.

My technical advisor at our hosting agency says this is not possible, and that my t wo choices are to have four separate lists (one for each organization status) or to change my topics to that they reflect organization status, e.g., child care for first line supervisors.  This latter choice is not feasible because I would have to use such broad topics that many of my subscribers would get lots of stuff they don't want.

Is my technical advisor correct?  If so, I guess I will resign myself to owning four lists.  If not, please let me know to whom or what part of the documentation or manuals I should direct him.   

As you can see, I'm a list owner with virtually no technical knowledge and I really don't want to become knowledgeable, that's why we purchase the services of another agency.

Thank you very much for yor assistance. 

ATOM RSS1 RSS2