Wayne Johns <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 Nov 1997 17:39:10 -0100
At 12:18 06/11/97 -0500, Francoise Becker wrote:

ja.net is JANET I don't think they are bouncing just storing it and
releasing it days late. My own ISP in the UK is U-NET which I think is
connected with JANET done the same with private mail up until monday
morning and everything was released in bits and pieces. I am local to the
network JANET/UNET and neither have said a word .... good customer
relations I guess.

Wayne

>> I have a few subscribers from the ac.uk addresses.  Maybe I should send a
>> quick note to see if they are getting things properly.  FWIW, I have
>> recieved no bounced mail from any of these addresses yet.
>
>I have not received any bounces either, but I have received quite a
>few complaints about _very_ slow delivery times to a few subscribers.
>In all the headers I got, listserv.ja.net was the culprit. I tried
>pinging it, and experienced 25 to 75% packet losses. I tried writing
>to the postmaster there, but my mail to the postmaster bounced :-(
>
>Francoise

Original message ends .....