"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 9 Jan 1996 08:19:00 EST
>Peter Laws <[log in to unmask]> sez:
>>Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours
>>Will keep trying until message is 5 days old

>maybe i am misunderstanding you, but i get the impression that you think
>this kind of message is coming from the subscriber's host. this bounce
>is coming from the listserv host which is delivering the mail.

Not in my experience with running a list with over 2k users:
I don't think it has ever (?) come from a LISTSERV host's
SENDMAIL.  It is almost always associated with some MX host
outside of LISTSERV's host.

It accounts for about 15 minutes/day of my time in "processing"
these useless, unnecessary, and wasteful messages when sent to a
list-owner (OK, really ERRORS-TO= list definition) of a general
list.

--  co-owner INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
URL:mailto:[log in to unmask]          "Kids: don't e-mail to strangers!"