Mon, 13 May 1996 16:23:12 -0500
On Mon, 13 May 1996, Phil Schwarz wrote:

> How about a feature that would instruct Listserv to simply swallow bounces
> containing a certain string, such as "transient failure", or containing the
> address of a particularly verbose mail server that complains a lot about
> transient delivery outages with do-nothing messages?

Well, you know some braindead mail systems consider *everything* a transient
failure.  It may stretch to days, or weeks, or...  But, hey, it eventually
gets fixed (maybe) so it's transient, right?

If listserv "swallowed" them all and the subscriber asked "why am I not
getting my mail" all the listowner could say would be "I dunno, I haven't
seen any error messages for your subscription."

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L