Bill Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 11 Jan 1995 12:50:23 CST
On Fri, 6 Jan 1995 00:23:15 +0100, Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]> said:
>The correct syntax  is "Default-Options= FULL". [...]
>     Note that this will be the default in the next version.

Just today, I received a complaint from someone who's mail was
rejected because the Max Hop (Received:)  Count was exceeded.  This
was from SAS-L (a peered list) and had passed through quite a number
of other LISTSERVs and mailers.  And, admittedly, the max set by his
system was ridiculously low (17!!!!), but, still, if this becomes the
default, is it a concern?  You do get an AWFUL lot of Received:
headers with Default-Options=FULL...

I'm not saying changing the default is a bad thing...  Just wondering if
anyone has given it any thought...

Also, this was the first time I'd ever seen a header like:

>          id 2841 for [log in to unmask]; Wed, 11 Jan 1995 06:00:45 -0500

I've been wishing LISTSERV would put a trail like this into DIST mail for a
long time.  Does it only do that with FULL headers?

Thanks
Bill