Michael Shannon / L-Soft international <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 5 Feb 2012 23:47:41 -0500
> Is there a way to un-subscribe everyone on nomail and have them
> receive a message that tells them to contact me if they wish to
> remain on the list. If yes, what is the command and how can I
> create a suitable template that will automatically be sent to such
> subscribers?

First, you need to determine who is on NOMAIL.  Issue this command from an
Owner address:

QUERY listname WITH NOMAIL FOR *@*

Extract email addresses from the results but be prepared they will be quite
verbose.  If you prefer something that's easier to parse with a script or
program, try this instead:

QUERY ***GUI*** listname WITH NOMAIL FOR *@*

(Details for the above command here
<http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/16.0/htmlhelp/advanced%20topics/TCPGUI.html#23
34236>.)

Next, edit the DELETE1 template to include the message you want to convey to
all subscribers being removed.

Lastly, issue this command from an Owner address:

OK BEGIN
DEL listname user1@node
DEL listname user-2@node
DEL listname 3-user@node
[continue for all addresses]
OK END

Bracketing the command with OK BEGIN/OK END means you'll only get a single
OK confirmation message sent to you instead of one for each subscriber.

--
 Regards,
  Michael Shannon

  Chazzozz!!

  Knowledge is just a click away: http://www.lsoft.com/optin.html

  LISTSERV (R) is a registered trademark of L-Soft.